Watercolor 9" x 12" Mats to 14" x 16"
Many times I have been asked this question: "Why do you paint?" There are many responses to that question.
- I enjoy it!
- I like to express myself in pictures rather than words!
- It is a relaxing way to spend time.
- It is my hobby.
- It is a stress reliever! It calms the mind and the body.
- Painting is a way to release creative energy.
- Paintings can capture a moment in time.
- Paintings can make a statement.
- People paint for a living and a career.
- People paint because they can!
- Paintings is a way to learn something about themselves and the world around them.
All artists have their reasons; some that I have mentioned and other reasons of their own.
My watercolor above, Faceless China, was enjoyable to paint, but it also makes a statement about the many people in China. Because this person's face was painted with minimal detail and the clothing could be worn by either a male or a female, this person stands for every person in China and depicts a culture, a way of life.
No matter what your reason is to paint - do it!