Sunday, June 2, 2013

Heads Held High!

Photos of women carrying pots on their heads have always fascinated me. I am sorry to say I am one of the most clumsy people I know. So, I can't imagine how anyone could carry a large pot filled with water on their head for long distances with spilling it along the way. A cloth is placed under the pot to stabilize it and to cushion the weight of the pot and the water. These pots are large and heavy when empty. Imagine the weight when filled with water. Water weights over 8 lbs per gallon. Amazement and admiration is what I feel when looking at the photo I am painting.

Using the small photo in the middle section of the photo above, I sketched the three women with their pots. The background sand will not be detailed to emphasize the women with their colorful clothing and the huge pots.

Next blog, I will discuss the us of masking when laying in the background. Until my next blog,

Happy Painting!
Karen

No comments: