Saturday, July 26, 2014

I've Been Busy!

I thought I had better post to my blog. I am sorry it has been so long between posts, but I have been keeping busy.

In addition to my watercolor painting, I have been working on numerous projects around the house, hiking in the mountains, and preparing for an art show.

I participated in the Farragut, TN Arts Council juried art show held in May. This show was in conjunction with a flower show and was titled: Alchemy - The Magic of Art and Flowers. Needless to say, the painting had to be a floral.

Two of my paintings were juried into the show and one of them was selected to have a floral arrangement showcase the painting.

I submitted my paintings: "For Only" - a day lily that only blooms for a day; and "Welcome" - a home with a picket fence and a flower garden to welcome family and friends inside.

My painting "Welcome" had a wonderful floral arrangement inspired by my painting. The painting (top photo) has a white picket fence with various types of garden flowers surrounding the front entrance. The floral arrangement carried the theme of the white picket fence.

According to the theme of the show, Alchemy is a science that was used n the Middle Ages with the goal of changing ordinary metals into gold.....or a power or process that changes or transforms something in a mysterious or impressive way.

Thus, is art....the power to transform the ordinary into the extraordinary!

I'll be back with another blog and a painting....until then,

Happy Painting!
Karen

No comments: