Sunday, April 15, 2012

Well, sometimes...........

OK - where is my usual watercolor painting blog? Well, sometimes one needs to look for inspiration!


This is a perfect time of the year for wildflowers. Since my husband and I like to hike, we decided to hike of one the trails in the Smokies known for its wide variety of wildflowers in the spring. So, we took a day hike in the Greenbrier district of the Great Smoky Mountains. Of course, I took my camera so that I could bring back some ideas for future paintings.



Today's blog is going to be a little different than my usual blog. I decided to share some of my ideas for future paintings with you and give you a little info about hiking in the Greenbrier district



The out and back Porters Creek Trail is an 4 mile round trip which can be reached from a 6 mile drive (most of which is on a gravel road) from US 321 outside of Gatlinburg. The road and the trail runs along the Little Pigeon River.



We found several varieties of wildflowers blooming with beautiful display of Lady Slippers. Scattered throughout this blog are a few of the photos from yesterday's hike. These may give you an idea for a future painting.



Now.......next week.....I'll try again to work on my painting!



Happy Painting!

Karen

No comments: