Sunday, January 13, 2013

Another Winter Day - The Barn

Now that the background trees, skies and mountains are painted, it is time to add the barn to our winter landscape. I will continue to use the same colors I used in the sky and background to paint the barn.

Apply the paint in a wet on wet wash to the barn I chose to do section at a time to allow time for the colors to blend on each side/section without bleeding onto an adjacent area.

I used the following colors on the barn:

Burnt Umber
Burnt Sienna
Ultramarine

I used a light wash first of Burnt Sienna and while the wash was still wet, I dropped in Burnt Umber and Ultramarine in several areas and allow them to dry. I deepened the area around the roof with a mixture of Ultramarine and Burnt Sienna to add shadows from the roof.

Allow the barn to dry and then deepen the shadows in the open doors and windows.

Next blog, we'll finish the painting with details, snow shadows and the fence posts.

Happy Painting!
Karen

No comments: